- About Us
Home Buyers & Renters
- Home Buyers & Renters
- Property Managers
- Donors & Investors
- Non-Profits & Governments
- News & More
- Contact Us
June is National Homeownership Month, and to celebrate, TSAHC is hosting free webinars every Wednesday in June to help Texas families and individuals navigate the home buying process.
Do you want to buy a home this summer or at some point in the future? Here are five reasons you should sign up for one of our webinars:
1. Get a step-by-step tutorial on buying a home from TSAHC’s homeownership experts. Buying a home can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Our homeownership team has nearly 40 years of combined experience working in the housing industry, and we’re here to help. We’ll walk you through the 10 steps to buying a home and answer any questions you have about the process.
2. Learn about the benefits of owning a home. Did you know many of the costs of homeownership, including interest and property taxes, are tax-deductible? We’ll go over all the benefits to owning your own home. Some of them may surprise you!
3. You may be eligible for home buyer programs that can save you thousands of dollars. Research shows that 70% of home buyers are not aware that there are programs available to help with the costs of homeownership. Don’t be a statistic! Our programs provide a grant to help with down payment and closing costs and can help you save up to $2,000 each year on your income taxes. We'll go over the programs in detail and show you how to determine if you qualify.
4. Learn about the different loan types to see which one is best for you. Do you know the difference between an FHA loan and a conventional loan? We’ll explain the different loan types and other key mortgage terms that you’ll encounter along the way.
5. Connect with a housing counselor who can support you every step of the way. You're not alone on this journey. We'll show you how to find a nonprofit housing counselor who can serve as a resource throughout the home buying process. Even if you're not ready to buy a home right now, your counselor can help you put together a long-term plan for homeownership. Some counselors also provide post-purchase education to help you navigate the ongoing responsibilities of homeownership.
Click here to learn more and register for an upcoming webinar.
On the House blog posts are meant to provide general information on various housing-related issues, research and programs. We are not liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the information provided by blog sources. Furthermore, this blog is not legal advice and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney.
TSAHC reviews all blog comments before they are posted to ensure a positive experience for our online community. Off-topic comments; hostile, derogatory or deliberately insulting comments; and comments specifically promoting goods and services will not be posted. For more information, please see our Comment Posting Guidelines.