Are you ready to buy a home? TSAHC can help. The Texas State Affordable Housing Coropration (TSAHC) provides down payment assistance and mortgage loans to eligible home buyers through the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
- Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
Find Out if You're Eligible
Take The Eligibility Quiz
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- DPA provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or 3-year deferred forgivable second lien loan
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders.
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). An MCC is a special tax credit that reduces your federal income taxes every year.