Are you ready to buy a home? The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation offers a mortgage interest tax credit called a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) that reduces the amount of federal income taxes you pay every year. MCCs are specifically for first-time home buyers who are eligible for the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters, and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
- Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
Find Out if You're Eligible
TAKE THE ELIGIBILITY QUIZ
- Reduce your federal income tax liability every year
- Save thousands of dollars over the life of your mortgage loan
- Exclusively for first-time home buyers (defined as anyone who has not owned a home in the last three years)
- No minimum credit score required if used with a non-TSAHC fixed-rate mortgage loan
- Can be used with TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance
- FREE for teachers, fire fighters, EMS personnel, police, correctional officers, and veterans also using TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance
- Available statewide through a network of approved lenders