Are you ready to buy your first home? TSAHC can help. The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) provides grants, mortgage credit certificates and home loans to first time home buyers through the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
- Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 6% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- DPA provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or repayable second lien loan
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however we provides several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
**First time home buyers can also apply for a mortgage interest tax credit known as a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC).
Find Out if You're Eligible
Take The Eligibility Quiz