In 2014 TSAHC teamed up with the Texas Association of Realtors (TAR) to promote the benefits of home buyer education with a public awareness campaign titled "Get Ready: Making Texans Homeowners for Life."
Studies show that home buyers who receive pre-purchase home buyer education are 33% less likely to fall behind on their mortgages than home buyers who don’t take a home buyer education course.
Not all home buyer education courses are created equal. A quality homebuyer education course offered by a nonprofit housing organization or government entity can help you:
- understand, establish or rebuild your credit, reduce debt, and save for the future;
- determine if you are ready to buy a home;
- understand mortgage loans and recognize and avoid predatory loans and services;
- navigate the home buying process;
- find local and state home buyer assistance programs; and
- understand the ongoing responsibilities of homeownership and how to be a successful homeowner for life.
Find a home buyer course
Please visit the Texas Financial Toolbox, a free online resource created by TSAHC, to find an organization that provides home buyer or financial education in your area.
VISIT THE TEXAS FINANCIAL TOOLBOX
Find a Texas REALTOR
Texas REALTORS® are a valuable resource for home buyers interested in buying a home. TSAHC encourages home buyers to learn more about how a Texas REALTOR® can help them by clicking on the link below.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
Want to help make Texans homeowners for life? If so, we can provide you with materials to help you promote quality financial and home buyer education.
ORDER FREE BROCHURES TODAY