Homes for Texas Heroes Program
The Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program provides home buyer assistance specifically to teachers, police officers, firefighters and EMS personnel, corrections officers, and veterans.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or forgivable second lien loan
- DPA available for up to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however we provide several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). Texas Heroes who use our DPA and MCC assistance together will receive their MCC for FREE—a $500 savings!
Take the Eligibility Quiz Find a Lender Find a REALTOR®
Don't meet the profession requirements?
TSAHC’s Home Sweet Texas Home Loan is available to low and moderate-income home buyers, regardless of their profession. Take the Eligibility Quiz to see if you meet the income requirements.