The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) provides down payment assistance and home loans for Texas veterans.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 6% of the loan amount
- *Limited Time Only* For Texas Heroes who are first-time buyers, TSAHC is now offering a lower mortgage interest rate of 5.05% with a 4% down payment grant. Contact a lender to learn more.
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- DPA provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or repayable second lien loan
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). An MCC is a special tax credit that reduces your federal income taxes every year. Texas veterans who use our DPA and MCC assistance together will receive their MCC for free—a $500 savings!
Find Out if You're Eligible
Take The Eligibility Quiz