Loans & Down Payment Assistance
The Homes for Texas Heroes and Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Programs are available for teachers, fire fighters, police and correctional officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers. These loans and home down payment assistance programs are available through a network of lenders across the state and all provide the following benefits:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan
- No upfront origination points charged to you
- Net 3%, 4%, or 5% in down payment assistance that does not need to be repaid
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You do not need to live in the home for any set period of time
- Can be used to purchase a home or refinance an existing loan
- First-time buyers can also use TSAHC's Mortgage Credit Certificate Program.
|Watch this short video to learn about our home buyer programs!|
Government Loan Options
Interest Rates and Gifted Down
*Minimum FICO scores and maximum DTI ratios must be met. Learn More.