Loans & Down Payment Assistance
TSAHC provides mortgage loans and down payment assistance grants to eligible home buyers through the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
- Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Not required to live in the home for any set period of time
- DPA is a gift that never needs to be repaid
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate.