Loans & Down Payment Assistance
The Homes for Texas Heroes and Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Programs are available for teachers, fire fighters, police and correctional officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers. These loans and home down payment assistance programs are available through a network of lenders across the state and all provide the following benefits:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan
- Net DPA, meaning no upfront points or fees taken out of assistance
- Net 3%, 4%, or 5% in down payment assistance that does not need to be repaid
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You do not need to live in the home for any set period of time
- First-time buyers can also use TSAHC's Mortgage Credit Certificate Program.
|Watch this short video to learn about our home buyer programs!|
|2 Points of DPA||3 Points of DPA||4 Points of DPA||5 Points of DPA|
|FHA with FICOs of 640 to 659||4.625%||4.875%||5.00%||N/A|
FHA with FICOs of 660 or higher
|VA or USDA||N/A||4.625%||4.875%||
|HFA Preferred Conventional||N/A||4.875%||5.125%||5.375%|
*Minimum FICO scores and maximum DTI ratios must be met. Learn More.