Veterans Home Loans
The Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program provides home buyer assistance for Texas veterans. Click here to view a list of eligibility requirements.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Not required to live in the home for any set period of time
- DPA is a gift that never needs to be repaid
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). Texas Heroes who use our DPA and MCC assistance together will receive their MCC for free-- a $500 savings!
Don't meet the profession requirements?
TSAHC’s Home Sweet Texas Home Loan is available to low and moderate-income home buyers, regardless of their profession. Take the Eligibility Quiz to see if you meet the income requirements.