Registration is now open for the 2023 Permanent Supportive Housing Symposium to be held November 6-7, 2023 at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. The Symposium is presented in partnership with the Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) with generous support from JPMorgan Chase and other sponsors.
The 1.5 day Symposium will provide a platform for developers, property managers, service providers, health professionals, homelessness response organizations, and others to share best practices, collaborate, and gain insight into how to work together to move families and individuals from housing instability and into permanent, service-enriched housing.
Symposium add-ons will also include a Supportive Housing Tour on November 6th and a post-Symposium Supportive Housing Academy training conducted by the Corporation for Supportive Housing on November 8th.
Register for the Symposium and Add-ons
View the Updated Agenda
Book Your Hotel Room
Featured Plenary Speaker
Our featured plenary speaker is Dr. Gregg Colburn, a professor of real estate at the University of Washington’s College of Built Environments. Gregg is a member of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Family Homelessness Evaluation Committee and co-chair of the University of Washington’s Homelessness Research Initiative.
He recently published the book Homelessness is a Housing Problem, which makes the data-supported case that housing market conditions, such as the cost and availability of rental housing, drive the prevalence of homelessness within a community.
Thank You to Our Symposium Sponsors
VISIONARY TITLE SPONSOR
Supporters of the Supportive Housing Academy
About the Symposium
The Permanent Supportive Housing Symposium is a 1.5 day forum to be held in November 2023 in Austin, Texas. The goals of the Symposium are to:
- Build capacity amoung supportive housing developers,
- Assist in the implementation of policies and programs designed to improve housing and health outcomes, and
- Help professionals design interventions to address special populations.
In addition to the Symposium, the following add-ons will be offered to attendees:
- A pre-Symposium, half-day tour of permanent supportive housing communities in Austin.
- A post-Symposium, one-day Supportive Housing Academy presented by the Corporation for Supportive Housing. The Academy’s primary outcomes are expanding housing practitioners’ knowledge of assessing organizational readiness to operate supportive housing, identifying the difference between supportive and affordable housing, and creating a space for housing practitioners to network with other mission-driven individuals or organizations. The Academy will also explore strategies for funders to establish a pipeline for supportive housing developments.
Why is it needed?
Over the past several years, we’ve witnessed a generational investment in creating more supportive housing options. The Symposium will seize on this energy and provide a platform for developers, property managers, service providers, health professionals, homelessness response organizations, and others to share best practices, collaborate, and gain insight into how to work together to move families and individuals from housing instability and into permanent, service-enriched housing.
View the Symposium Agenda
Who Should Attend
The Symposium is open to organizations and individuals with all levels of supportive housing expertise and experience. Audience members will include:
- Affordable Housing Developers
- Policy Makers & Advocates
- Property Managers
- Supportive Services Providers
- Homeless Response Organizations
- Healthcare and Managed Care Providers
- Financial Institutions
- Philanthropic Institutions
- Other Organizations and Individuals Committed to Ending Homelessness
Register for the Symposium
Symposium Registration Costs:
$50 - Housing Tenant or Student
$150 - Nonprofit or Government
Symposium Add-ons (space is limited):
$50 - Supportive Housing Tour
$50 - Supportive Housing Academy
If you need hotel accommodations, please book here to receive the conference rate. The room block includes a limited number of rooms on Tuesday night for attendees participating in the post-Symposium Academy on Wednesday, November 8th.
Book Your Hotel Room
Sponsor the Symposium
As the only convening of its kind in Texas, sponsoring this Symposium presents a unique opportunity to directly support housing professionals and communities as they explore solutions for residents experiencing homelessness. Your support will enable us to deliver high-quality continuing education and a shared learning environment that is critically important to our collective mission to house Texas’ most vulnerable populations.
Below are the different sponsorship levels for the Symposium.
Questions? Email the TSAHC Communications Team.
Ready to become a sponsor? If so, click here.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
VISIONARY TITLE SPONSOR