Increase your business and make quality connections with area Texas REALTORS® by hosting an “Overcoming the Down Payment Hurdle” CE class. TSAHC staff will host a Zoom virtual class or come to the venue of your choice to teach a class that provides one free TREC-approved mandatory continuing education (CE) credit to Texas REALTORS®.
CE Class covers:
- TSAHC’s affordable loans with competitive rates for first-time and repeat home buyers
- Down payment and closing cost assistance up to 5% of total loan amount
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program: Enables the home buyer to lower their federal tax liability and possibly increase their income tax refund
- Learn how the MCC can help a buyer qualify for a mortgage or even a larger mortgage if needed
- Serving new markets, including teachers, police officers, correctional officers, fire fighters, EMS personnel, and veterans
- How to connect with TSAHC-approved lenders, Texas REALTORS® and our housing counseling network
Scheduling a Class
Guidelines for requesting a class:
- We have Zoom virtual classes as well as a limited number of in-person classes that you can choose to host.
- The Zoom virtual classes can be hybrid where you and the Realtors are in-person, and we teach via Zoom or they can be fully virtual.
- The in-person classes, where we teach in-person as well, require a minimum of 60 RSVPs to hold the class. If the minimum 60 RSVPs are not met, we will teach the course via Zoom, and the host and Realtors can be in-person. In this case, the host would be required to provide the necessary technology for the class to be taught via Zoom.
- The class is considered a “lunch and learn” and is held from 11:30am-1:00pm. The host generally provides lunch to participants that attend the “in-person” classes. For those attending a virtual class, please feel free to bring your lunch and eat while you learn!
- You have the option to promote your organization for the first 30 minutes, and the CE portion will begin once your introduction is complete.
- We provide a personalized flyer to help you advertise the class to your contacts.
- We encourage you to share the class via social media, email, and any other methods you find successful. Videos on social media are highly encouraged. Tag us so you can gain access to our followers, too!
*TREC Course #:01-00-067-28889
Provider #: 0001
If you are interested in hosting a class, please click on one of the links below to submit a request.
Request to Host a Virtual Class
Request to Host an In-Person Class
Available In-Person Class Dates in 2024:
- Thursday, January 18, 2024
- Thursday, February 22, 2024
- Tuesday, March 26, 2024
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- Wednesday, May 22, 2024
- Tuesday, June 25, 2024
- Wednesday, July 17, 2024
- Thursday, August 22, 2024
- Tuesday, September 24, 2024
- Wednesday, October 16, 2024