TSAHC provides 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans, down payment assistance grants, and mortgage credit certificates through the following programs. These programs are offered through a network of approved mortgage lenders.
Loans w/ Down Payment Assistance:
- Credit scores as low as 620
- No max DTI w/AUS approval
- Low fees
- Third Party Originators allowed
- FHA manual underwrites allowed up to 43% DTI with no additional fee (640 minimum FICO score required)
- FHA non-traditional credit allowed with no additional fee
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income limits available in targeted areas.
Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC):
- A special tax credit that reduces a home buyer's federal income tax liability every year
- Helps the home buyer qualify by reducing the DTI
- No minimum credit score or maximum DTI requirements
- May be used with any fixed-rate loan product or combined with TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance.
- FREE for those Texas Heroes also using TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance.
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
- Exclusively for first-time home buyers
Today's Interest Rates:
Unless otherwise stated, the interest rates listed below apply to both the Homes for Texas Heroes and Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Programs.
||Min FICO Score
|3-year Deferred Forgivable 2nd Lien
|Conventional- HFA Advantage & HFA Preferred Above 80% AMFI (Non-Bond)
|Conventional- HFA Advantage & HFA Preferred 80% AMFI and Below** (Non-Bond)
* Origination fee of .50% charged on 620-639 FICO government loans (FHA, VA, USDA).
** To be eligible for the Below 80% AMFI conventional loan, borrowers must be at or below 80% of the area median family income (AMFI). Learn more here.
Take the Eligibility Quiz