TSAHC provides mortgage loans and down payment assistance grants and second lien loans to repeat and existing homeowners through the following programs:
Homes for Texas Heroes Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
Homes Sweet Texas Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or repayable second lien loan
- DPA available for up to 6% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however we provides several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
View our loan and down payment assistance options
Take the Eligibility Quiz Find a Lender Find a REALTOR®
Please note that repeat and existing homeowners are not eligible for TSAHC's Mortgage Credit Certificate or Bond DPA Programs. TSAHC's MCC and Bond DPA Programs are available to first-time home buyers* only.
*TSAHC defines a first-time home buyer as any family or individual that has not owned or had an ownership interest in a home within the past three years. Ownership interest is defined as any person who is living in the home as his or her principal residence and is listed on the deed of trust. For married couples, both spouses hold an ownership interest, even if only one is listed on the deed of trust.
What People Are Saying About TSAHC's Programs
“Buying a home is the biggest financial decision we’ve ever made, and we couldn’t have done it without the down payment grant we received from TSAHC. I’m so grateful to loan officer Stacy Schriever and REALTOR® Debbie Patterson for introducing me to TSAHC’s programs, which made it possible for our family to finally purchase a home of our own.”
-Felicia Bolton, Home Buyer
“TSAHC’s programs make homeownership possible for many Texas families. I am proud to be a participating loan officer in TSAHC’s programs so I can help families like the Pilgrims achieve their lifelong dream of buying a home.”
-Nicole Newton, Loan Officer with Prime Lending
“Buying a home can be overwhelming, but I feel very blessed with my experience. I am very grateful for the guidance that my loan officer Tina Chumley, and REALTOR® Chelcy Gilliland provided during the home buying process. I am also thankful for TSAHC, whose programs helped me buy a home in my neighborhood so my son didn’t have to change schools.”
-Ellie Moss, Home Buyer