TSAHC provides mortgage loans and down payment assistance grants and second liens to eligible home buyers through the following programs:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or repayable second lien loan
- DPA available for up to 6% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however we provides several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate.
Take the Eligibility Quiz Find a Lender Find a REALTOR®
What People Are Saying About TSAHC's Programs
“Buying a home is the biggest financial decision we’ve ever made, and we couldn’t have done it without the down payment grant we received from TSAHC. I’m so grateful to loan officer Stacy Schriever and REALTOR® Debbie Patterson for introducing me to TSAHC’s programs, which made it possible for our family to finally purchase a home of our own.”
-Felicia Bolton, Home Buyer
“TSAHC’s programs make homeownership possible for many Texas families. I am proud to be a participating loan officer in TSAHC’s programs so I can help families like the Pilgrims achieve their lifelong dream of buying a home.”
-Nicole Newton, Loan Officer with Prime Lending
“Buying a home can be overwhelming, but I feel very blessed with my experience. I am very grateful for the guidance that my loan officer Tina Chumley, and REALTOR® Chelcy Gilliland provided during the home buying process. I am also thankful for TSAHC, whose programs helped me buy a home in my neighborhood so my son didn’t have to change schools.”
-Ellie Moss, Home Buyer