TSAHC provides mortgage loans, down payment assistance grants, and mortgage credit certificates to eligible first- time home buyers* through the following programs:
Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- DPA provided as a grant (never needs to be repaid) or repayable second lien loan
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TSAHC does not require borrowers to use an approved REALTOR®, however we provides several resources to help find a REALTOR® familiar with TSAHC’s programs.
First-time buyers can also apply for a mortgage interest tax credit known as a Mortgage Credit Certificate.
View Our Loan and Down Payment Assistance Options
Learn More Mortgage Credit Certificates
Take the Eligibility Quiz Find a Lender Find a REALTOR®
*TSAHC defines a first-time home buyer as any family or individual that has not owned or had an ownership interest in a home within the past three years. Ownership interest is defined as any person who is living in the home as his or her principal residence and is listed on the deed of trust. For married couples, both spouses hold an ownership interest, even if only one is listed on the deed of trust.