Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC)
First Time Home Buyer Savings
TSAHC offers Mortgage Credit Certificates, also known as MCCs, to first-time home buyers. An MCC is a mortgage interest tax credit that reduces the amount of federal income taxes you pay every year. MCCs are specifically for first-time home buyers who are eligible for the following programs:
*Please note: Under the MCC Program the sales price of the home you wish to purchase can not exceed certain Purchase Price Limits.
Calculate your MCC Tax Savings
Use the calculator below to estimate the cumulative tax savings you will receive with an MCC.
Watch an MCC Program Overview
See how the MCC program lowers your federal income tax bill every year that you live in your home.
Reduce your federal income tax liability every year
Save thousands of dollars over the life of your mortgage loan
Exclusively for first-time home buyers (defined as anyone who has not owned a home in the last three years)
- No minimum credit score required if used with a non-TSAHC fixed-rate mortgage loan
- Can be combined with TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance and FREE for Texas Heroes also using TSAHC's Down Payment Assistance. Some exclusions apply. Contact a lender to learn more.
- Available statewide through a network of approved lenders
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
- MCC may be reissued if the home loan is refinanced (certain conditions apply). Click here to apply for a new MCC after refinancing.
Take The Eligibility Quiz MCC FAQs