Homes for Texas Heroes Program
The Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program provides home buyer assistance specifically to teachers, police and correctional officers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, and veterans.
- Teachers: Click here to learn more.
- Police Officers: Click here to learn more.
- Correctional Officers: Click here to learn more.
- Fire Fighters and EMS Personnel: Click here to learn more.
- Veterans: Click here to learn more.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Not required to live in the home for any set period of time
- DPA is a gift that never needs to be repaid
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). Texas Heroes who use our DPA and MCC assistance together will receive their MCC for free-- a $500 savings!
Don't meet the profession requirements?
TSAHC’s Home Sweet Texas Home Loan is available to low and moderate-income home buyers, regardless of their profession. Take the Eligibility Quiz to see if you meet the income requirements.