A year ago, TSAHC launched the On the House blog. In the first entry, we stated, “Our purpose with this blog is to share information that helps all of us confront Texas' affordable housing shortage head-on" by delivering content that would "tackle important housing issues, provide an inside look into our programs, and share other valuable resources." We hope you feel we are meeting that objective.
To mark our blog’s birthday, we would like to share links to the resources we turn to for news related to housing and research that shows how housing impacts the lives of everyone.
- How Housing Matters, an effort of the Urban Land Institute's Terwilliger Center for Housing with support from the MacArthur Foundation, provides "news, research, and practical information on how a high-quality, stable, affordable home in a vibrant community contributes to individual and community success."
- The Home Story is an online source of housing-related information published by Fannie Mae. Through The Home Story, Fannie Mae applies its "expertise and experience in housing to inform renters, homeowners, and, particularly, the next generation of homeowners."
- Perspectives is a hub for the latest community development insights and resources created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas' Community Development Department. The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas also has a wealth of research and data on regional, national, and international economic conditions, analyses, and outlooks.
- On the Home Front, presented by the National Low Income Housing Coalition, provides "insight into the key housing policy issues of the day, and takes readers 'behind the scenes' into the work of affordable housing advocates across the country through news round-ups and advocate profiles."
- The National Housing Conference and Center for Housing Policy offer publications that "cover a range of topics, programs and policies related to the broad goal of identifying and meeting the nation’s housing challenges."
- The Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University publishes an annual report on the The State of the Nation's Housing and tracks the nature and extent of home improvement activity in the Remodeling Futures Program.
- Down Payment Resource Blog provides information about resources, opportunities, and news for today's home buyers.
What do you want to know?
As On the House enters its second year, we will continue to strive to deliver the most valuable information on topics relevant to housing, the industry and related issues. If there is a program or issue you’d like to learn more about, let us know. We want to provide content that interests our readers.
As we did in our first blog entry, we again extend an invitation to drop by On the House every week as we tackle important housing issues, provide an inside look into our programs, and share other valuable resources. We encourage you to sign up to receive the blog if you haven’t, and share the blog with other people who may be interested in the topics we cover.
Here’s to another successful year for On the House.
On the House blog posts are meant to provide general information on various housing-related issues, research and programs. We are not liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the information provided by blog sources. Furthermore, this blog is not legal advice and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed professional attorney.